For when you’re too lazy but too hungry!
And that’s exactly what I was when I made this sandwich. I wanted a cheesy lunch but didn’t want to be in the kitchen for too long. And I’m glad I thought on sandwich cause this was delicious.
But this wasn’t near as close of what I wanted to do. It’s Spring! I want some pretty salads or some pretty cakes (that I haven’t done in toooo long, clearly that has to change!), and this week it hasn’t been feeling like spring time for me at all.
I do realize that in some places is still snowing but I’m too used to have summer weather at this time of the year.
Let’s talk about the sandwich shall we?
It’s so simple you basically throw whatever cheese you have leftover in your fridge! You need the ricotta cheese for the creaminess and the cheddar for flavor, and I do think a gruyère would go so well in here! Yum!
Cheese maniac over here!
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese or what you have left at home, shredded
- 1/4 cup bacon cubed
- 2 slices of bread
- In a skillet cook the bacon until crispy.
- Meanwhile in a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, the cheddar and season with pepper, mix until all combined. When the bacon is done take it off of the pan, with a fork, to a paper towel to drain and mix it with the cheeses.
- Keep the fat that the bacon produced in the skillet!
- Toast the bread in the bacon fat on low heat. Spread the cheese mixture on one of the pieces of bread. After 2 minutes top the cheese mixture with the other bread slice, cover with a lid, let it toast for 5 minutes each side (be careful not to burn the toast).
- Done! Serve with some chips or salad
Okay so it’s getting hotter now, my complaint was heard! 😀