And super easy to make!
Besides the fact that these are super easy to make and that I really enjoyed them, I’m not so sure if my family was as convinced as me… I mean I have been on a coconut run, trying every sweet with coconut…
If I think better on it they almost roll their eyes and ask ‘Coconut?’.Like. Again?
Ok probably my fault… But I’m discovering the wonders of coconut just now (specially coconut oil!), since I was a hater.
Anyway these are great and with greek yogurt and raspberries it’s the perfect weekend breakfast, or weekday, you can do the batter the night before and in the morning you just need a pan! The lime sugar though, you cannot not do it! It’s just impossible to skip it…. Cause when you do the crepes you will have to spread the sugar inside, fold the crepe and it will melt to Uummazingness! So as you can see the sugar is mandatory too…
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 150g all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- zest of 1 lime
- Add all the sugar and zest to one bowl (or food processor) and with a hand blender, pulse until the sugar is very fine.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well combined, about 1 minute. Let the batter rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can also keep it for about 48 hours in the fridge.
- To cook the crepes heat a non stick pan on medium heat. Coat the pan with oil or butter ( I like to use a paper towel so there's no excess). With a ladle pour the batter into the center of the pan and swirl until the base is covered. Once the edges of the crepe start to curl up a bit flip and add your lime sugar and spread it (add as much as you want). After about 10 seconds fold in half, cook for more 10 seconds then flip it and cook for 10 more seconds.
- Repeat until you're done with all the batter.
- Serve the crepes with a dollop of greek yogurt, some raspberries and, of course, dust everything with the lime sugar!
I need to step up my flipping game, it has been too long since I flipped crepe like I did before.