I promise I won’t get you drunk in the morning!
I will just make your morning more enjoyable and super delicious if I can say so myself. Do you know how much I want a bowl of this granola right now? So much you have no idea. And it’s almost midnight.
I guess I just need some sleep, wake up tomorrow and have it with loads of fresh fruit and Greek yogurt. Okay I think I should just stop going on pinterest and fill my Breakfast board full of yummy breakfast ideas and be prepared cause breakfast is coming to the blog, cause for me I would have breakfast all day long and as I start writing and cooking for the blog more and more I suddenly have more ideas.
Oh and did I say how excited I am for spring? And how disappointed I was that it was raining on its first day, sooo disappointed. 🙁
But I have so many things planned for spring can’t wait to share them here!
Now let’s talk granola again. Do not get scared with the rum, seriously you won’t have one bit of alcohol in your breakfast bowl, you’ll just have awesomeness! I mean coconut and rum together? YUM! And you know how crazy I am with coconut right now, rum just complements it, they’re just perfect for each other and in the granola why not? The alcohol from the rum will evaporate in the oven and you’ll be left with the flavor.
Also feel free to do a mix of nuts, you can put whatever you like more in your granola.
Coconut Rum Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 tbspn Honey
- 3 tbspn coconut oil
- 2-3 tbspn Rum (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180º C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats, nuts and quinoa. In a smaller bowl melt the coconut oil with the honey and rum (if using) in the microwave.
- Add the melted coconut oil mixture to the dry Use a spatula or wooden spoon to combine everything together. Make sure all the dry ingredients have been evenly coated with the wet.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, make sure you stir the granola 3- 4 times while it’s cooking.
- When finished baking, remove the granola from the oven. The granola will harden when it cools. .
- Once completely cool, store the granola in a ziplock bag or air-tight container.
- Serve with yogurt or milk and top with fresh fruit!
Morning couldn’t be more perfect!