It is hot!
I mean really really hot
Summer is almost here and with it comes the hotness, well spring was hot so far, but I’m not just talking about weather. Yes no rain is good, no cold even better but the food, the food brings the ‘ness’ on hotness!
Ice cream come’s back (though I don’t think they ever leave) and fruit! Summer fruit is the best! These I wish they would never leave and just stay all year long.
All that brings me to these Popsicles, fresh, creamy and quick to make!
For the crumble*
- 25g oats
- 30g plain flour
- 20g oatmeal flour or plain flour
- 15g sugar
- 35g unsalted butter melted
For the strawberries mix ***
- 275g strawberries
- Few leaves of mint
- Sugar optional**
For the cream cheese part
- 110g cream cheese
- 125g greek yogurt
- 20g sugar
- Preheat your oven to 170ºC line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- n a bowl mix all the ingredients except butter.
- Melt the butter and add it to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Transfer to the baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let it cool
- Add the strawberries, mint and sugar (if using) to a blender and blend until it you reach a consistency that you like.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- To your Popsicle molds add a spoonful at a time of the strawberry mix, cream cheese and crumble until you fill all the molds. Take it to freeze for about one hour, remove and insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze for about 5 more hours (I left it over night).
* Instead of making the crumble you can crumble some cookies.
** Mine didn't have any sugar if you like it sweet (like my sister) you should add about 10 to 20g
*** You'll have a bit of strawberry mix left, you can do a milkshake with it
Strawberries are almost gone.