So exciting isn’t it? It’s finally starting to feel like summer it’s hot, sunny and most importantly NOT raining! Yay!
And all this makes me want to run to Algarve and stay there get some sun, seafood everyday and beach until 9pm cause that’s what makes me dream about summer all year long. So go away rain come back near November!
Do you even feel like me about summer dreaming all year round just for this time of the year?
But let’s talk about this salad, more about the tuna melts on top of it, and how I’ve made them more than I expected! Which is of course a good sign, meaning I made my family just crave more and more of these little melts! They not only became my mom’s (and mine) favorite thing to go with our (summer!) lunch salad but for my dad and sister too! And that’s what I call an accomplishment!
All this just to say you have to try these and not only to eat with salad, if you’re not a salad person put them in your sandwich or eat them all by them selves for a great snack! Plus it’s so easy, simple and they cook super quickly.
You just need some canned tuna, ricotta cheese and dried tomato paste (but if you don’t have it don’t worry!) mix it all together, form little balls, coat them with a mix of parmesan and crushed oats and you’re 15 minutes away from eating! Which gives you enough time to make the dressing and whatever you want to eat these with!
Oh and did I say it’s been 1 year since The Baking Noob is up and running (very slowly running..)! Yea I’m kinda late but I think it’s the perfect excuse to make a cake!
But for now lets enjoy these 🙂
- 2 cans (85g) oil packed tuna, oil drained
- 125g ricotta cheese, (may sub with cream cheese)
- 1 Tbspn dried tomato paste
- salt + pepper, to taste
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup parmesan
- 160g plain greek yogurt
- 15 capers, halfed
- 1 Tbspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbspn dijon mustard
- Preheat your oven to 200ºC (392ºF). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a plate mix the oats with the parmesan and 'crush' them a bit with your fingers, set aside.
- Add the tuna, ricotta and tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, mix until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 13-15 balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with some salad or on a sandwich. Eat!
- In a bowl add all the ingredients and mix until combined.